Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blog 4: In which Ash wonders what one in seven Irish people is up to.


1) So recently I've been getting a lot of "Ash have you written that blog yet?". I've also been overusing the phrase "I'll do it tomorrow". Well no more! In my search for inspiration I decided some good solid statistics would do the trick. Wanna know what one in seven Irish people are up to? I sure do.
Did you know that one in seven Irish people has seen the film Veronica Guerin? I am part of that statistic, it's rather good. Unfortunately some of us haven't heard the film because one in seven Irish people suffers from hearing loss. Some may spend a little too much time watching journalist related films and not enough time doing things what are healthy cos one in seven Irish people is obese, which as we all know leads to a heightened risk of an ailment which affects one in seven of us Irish people, arthritis! Bit depressing eh? Well we should know, one in seven Irish people has considered suicide!
I would have liked some happy statistics to go with those but alas, none to be found. Of course I did what I always do when Ireland is being lame and went straight to Japan. I was not disappointed: One in seven Japanese people owns a Nintendo DS! Well there you have it, nintendo cures hearing problems and arthritis, it will make you thin and give you the will to live.

2) I went in search of the page I'd written some possible blog topics on [edit: "on which I had written some possible blog topics"!! pwnd by grammar again! >:/ ] a few weeks ago. They were not very good. "Liam" "French = bad" and "Give me my xmas presntz bitchz" I may as well give them a go:

A) 4,156,118 of 4,156,119 Irish people believe that Liam Kennedy is a rat. [exposé still in the works]
B) "But Ashling, how will you come up with a lengthy description of how french has wronged you when you haven't been in college for approximately 56754 years?"... Fear not, generalised voice of reader, I do not need a lengthy description this time. One of the french exams gave me a paper cut. End of.

C) I didn't know what this meant at first. Why couldn't 2 weeks ago me have expanded this point?? It's as if I didn't remember Ms o Dwyer always treated unexpanded points as punishable by death! However, something soon clicked, it all came flooding back to me and I realised this point is even more relevant now than it was 2 weeks ago. Before Christmas I stated at length how I didn't want any presents from friends. Despite this request some of you went ahead and bought me some anyway. Which was lovely of you, thank you Nirina and Rach =D. But these are not the "bitchz" to which my note was refering, oh no. KARL AND RYAN both decided "I'm gonna get Ash a gift, tell her I've got it but not what it is and then forget to give it to her for yonks while she goes mad with the suspense." To you two I say, "Give me my xmas presntz bitchz".

Hope you've enjoyed my wittering.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How do i "follow" you? i am computer illiterate.